Saturday, May 22, 2010

How do I open port 2401 for CVS on a linux plesk VPS? I keep getting "connection refused" at the client.

I am using xinet.d, and have created a cvspserver configuration file. If I use telnet localhost 2401 I can connect locally to the CVS server. However, I can't seem to connect to the CVS server over the Internet. I have disabled the Plesk firewall, but am unable to disable the Virtuozzo firewall. In addition, putting the Virtuozzo firewall into advanced mode (which is needed to open port 2401) actually makes the situation worse because suddenly ports including 80 become closed to incoming connections. I tried using a "default accept" policy on the advanced Virtuozzo firewall with no success. In summary - the virtuozzo firewall in "simple" mode does not give the option to open port 2401, but the "advanced" mode seems to block all important ports, including 2401, even after much fiddling. Could you help?

How do I open port 2401 for CVS on a linux plesk VPS? I keep getting "connection refused" at the client.
are you using disable=no option please check





kshounish@yahoo.com
Reply:Using disable=no did not help unfortunately Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment