Thursday, May 20, 2010

Has anyone had any complications with a CVS test?

My doctor did a blood test for down symdrom and it came back as having a chance of it. I am 36 and she said that because of my age it will come back this way, but it does not necessarily mean that there is a problem. A CVS or Amneo would be done to rule it out. I am completely scared and I want to do the CVS to get it over with and know now if something is wronge. There is a slighly higher chance of miscarring with CVS comparied to Amneo. Has anyone ever gone thru this?? What was your experience? Is the CVS painful??

Has anyone had any complications with a CVS test?
My Aunty had a very similar experience. From an ultrasound she was given a 1 in 66 chance that her baby would be Down's (should be 1 in 700 and something) This skin on the back of the baby's neck measured 3 millimeters when it should have been less than 1mm. She had the Amnio and everything turned out fine. I can't say whether the Amnio hurt or not.


Hope everything works out for you
Reply:My blood test during my second child came back like yours. We opted not to do further testing as we would continue the pregnancy either way. If you NEED to know now, I suppose an amneo is a better aka safer choice. I am not familar with a CVS test. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment